1. Breakin’ Point (Miike Snow Remix) — PETER BJORN AND JOHN
2. Cream on Chrome — RATATAT
3. Redbone — CHILDISH GAMBINO
4. Beggin For Thread — BANKS
5. Didn’t I — LOW COUNTRY KINGDOM
6. Light Up — MUTEMATH
7. I Can’t Control Myself — STRANGE NAMES
8. Roses (feat. ROZES) — THE CHAINSMOKERS
9. West Coast — JUNIOR EMPIRE
10. Heartbeat — ZOLA BLOOD
11. Two of Us On the Run — LUCIUS
12. Last Train — SORCHA RICHARDSON
13. Levo (Club Edit) — RECONDITE
14. Pfeifferhorn — OK IKUMI
15. Something for Your M.I.N.D. — SUPERORGANISM
16. Clearest Blue (Gryffin Remix) — CHVRCHES
17. Summer Didn’t Change a Thing — WHITE LIES
18. Up and Up — LENNON & MAISY
19. Break It Down Again — TEARS FOR FEARS
20. Kiss You All Over — EXILE
Back in 2009, Leonard Cohen played at Coachella. He was on my absolutely-do-not-miss list, and of course, most of my crew didn’t understand why.
Still, I insisted. I dragged them all kicking and screaming out of the Sahara tent and over to the outdoor stage. They asked me, “Who is this old man?” and I just smiled knowingly.
By the time he got around to “Hallelujah,” my friends were jaw-dropped. Some were in tears. (I certainly was.) We sang together and swayed together and when it was all over we held each other, grateful for the experience.
That’s how powerful it was seeing Leonard Cohen perform live. I’m still grateful.