Aren’t we all…
Aren’t we all…
1. I Need My Girl — The National
2. Lover — In The Valley Below
3. Circadian Rhythm (Last Dance) — Silversun Pickups
4. Joe (Live) — Alabama Shakes
5. Wildest Dreams (Stripped Down and Live) — Taylor Swift
6. How Hard I Try (feat. James Hersey) — filious
7. REALiTi — Grimes
8. Touch — MOTHXR
9. Dead Sound — The Ravonettes
10. iT — Christine And The Queens
11. Razor Love — Neil Young
12. Night — Bill Callahan
13. Ada Plays — Gabriel Yared
Oh, and for the record, my brand new, totally inappropriate, never-gonna-happen crush who serendipitously ended up as my date for New Years Eve is lying naked next to me in my bed as I type all of this. Happy New Year, indeed.
This past year, I fell in love with another city, which for the moment shall remain nameless. I spent some time there visiting friends over the summer, and on a whim, I found an adorable little apartment and put down a deposit.
When I got back to Los Angeles, I packed up my shit, tied up my loose ends, kissed everyone goodbye, and hit the fucking road.
It wasn’t difficult. I thought I might be emotional as I drove away, but I wasn’t. Not a bit. Los Angeles isn’t a sentimental town, and the wild and shimmering version that belonged to me, it ended years ago. I’ve had plenty of time to let go. I still love Los Angeles, but I’m over it. This was the perfect time to leave.
I’m still getting used to my new surroundings. This place that I’ve found is beautiful and mysterious and deeply satisfying. I’m happy here, but this city doesn’t belong to me yet. It probably never will. For now I’m the one who belongs to it, and I’m content to yield to all the raw and uncertain adventure.
Auld Lang Syne (Live at the Fillmore East)
Through a strangely serendipitous set of events, my brand new, totally inappropriate, never-gonna-happen crush is now my date for New Years Eve.
I should be nervous. I should be downright giddy, but I’m not. Instead, I feel deeply contented. It’s the last day of 2015, and I’m filled with a mellow anticipation that is undoubtedly the most pleasant emotion I’ve felt all year.
It may turn out to be nothing, or it may turn out to be everything. Either way, I’m going to enjoy my evening.
Happy New Year, everyone. Tomorrow I will have lots to tell you.
2016 is going to be very special.
Every year. Even though I’ve been kicked off Tumblr, I will still post this every year.
1. Flesh without Blood — Grimes
2. Lime Habit — POLIÇA
3. Nightlight — Silversun Pickups
4. Killer in the Streets — The Raveonettes
5. Campo — Toro Y Moi
6. Pretty Pimpin — Kurt Vile
7. Last of a Kind — Neighbors
8. Easy — MOTHXR
9. Breathe Life — Jack Garratt
10. Twigs And Stones — Siskiyou
11. Can’t Help Falling in Love — Haley Reinhart
12. Waiting (PAL Remix) — Alice Boman
Does this seem right to you guys?