I have a brand new, totally inappropriate, never-gonna-happen crush.
Thing is, I haven’t had a crush on anyone in a really long time, so even though it’s with a person I know I can’t ever be with, I’m trying my best to savor it in a slightly painful, low key, muted kind of way.
It hurts to have to play it so cool, but it’s nice to be reminded that my heart can still flutter.
1. 2000 Miles — Pretenders
2. Weathered — Jack Garratt
3. California — Grimes
4. Genghis Khan — Miike Snow
5. Death — White Lies
6. Tilted — Christine And The Queens
7. Wild Imagination — Kurt Vile
8. Distant Sures — The Cave Singers
9. Je t’aime moi non plus — Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin
10. The Hills (The Weeknd Cover) — ECHOS
11. Devil Inside (INXS Cover) — London Grammar
12. Master of None — Beach House
13. Appalachia Waltz — Yo-Yo Ma, Meyer and O’Connor
14. Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis — Tom Waits
1. Heart Is Full — Miike Snow
2. The Riot’s Gone — Santigold
3. Peaches — In The Valley Below
4. Hold On — Roosevelt
5. Shambala — Three Dog Night
6. Sun Models (feat. Madelyn Grant) — ODESZA
7. Hello (Laibert Remix) — Adele
8. Jumpman — Drake & Future
9. Bloodline — Barbarossa
10. Kettering — The Antlers
11. You’re The One That I Want — Lo-Fang
12. Young Blood — Birdy
13. Ivory Towers — Rupert Pope
It happens every few years, just chemistry and timing. I used to try and party my way through it, but I’ve learned my lesson. There is a time for wearing masks, and there is a time for wearing masks, and on a night when the metaphor becomes literal, it’s best not to let people see the ghoul underneath.